Saturday, November 12, 2016

Aristo's Greek Cuisine

It's taken years, but I finally earned enough points using OpenTable to get a gift card. There was a decent selection of restaurants from which I could choose, so I chose Aristo's Greek Cuisine, a place my husband and I had heard about but never managed to go to. (This was mostly due to laziness.) However, one of my colleagues got married this evening, and invited my husband and I to the reception, after which my husband and I decided we needed some dinner, so off to Aristo's we went.

We shared a starter of Orektika, a sampler of three spreads:
skordalia (a velvety dish of garlic, garlic, and more garlic),
hummus, and taramasalata (a creamy dip of roe, olive oil,
and potato).
My husband also ordered gyro sliders, one each of lamb
and beef, chicken, and pork. (I couldn't get a good picture
with all three gyros.)
My husband ordered the kokkinisto (lamb shank braised in
red wine tomato sauce, served with orzo pasta and
Myzithra).

I ordered a few small plates - spanakopita and marines (crunchy fried smelt fish) - and a side of lemon rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment