Saturday, July 14, 2018

Huntington Tavern

My husband and I departed Hobart, the capital of Tasmania, and located in the southern part of the state, for Devonport, where we'll be catching the ferry tomorrow evening. We decided to take what can only be referred to as the "scenic route" to northern Tasmania (really quite beautiful), but stopped off for lunch early in our trip at Huntington Tavern.

appetizer: Huon Valley mushrooms, lightly battered and
served with sweet chili and agile dipping sauces
I ordered the chicken schnitzel Mexican nachos, which was
the most un-Mexican thing I've ever eaten, but the chicken
was fantastic, and the fries were also very good. Those are
beans and melted cheese on nachos atop the chicken. I'm
not sure what type of beans, but they were reminiscent of
those beans one finds in Heinz cans.
My husband ordered the roast of the day: pot roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment