Saturday, October 6, 2018

Oktoberfest 2018

Another year, and time for another Oktoberfest at Snowbird Ski Resort in Utah. This year, my parents came to visit and my husband and I were able to bring them with us. We had lots of good food, heard lots of good (loud) music, and even caught a live Alpenhorn performance!

I ate a lot, including Rouladen, which is effectively thinly
sliced beef stuffed with bacon, onions, mustard, and pickle.
I also had Spätzle (egg noodles) with gravy.
...and the obligatory Weißwurst on a pretzel roll.
We took a tram to the top of Hidden Peak Summit (elevation:
11,000 feet) to catch the Alpenhorn performance. The
restaurant atop the Summit has only been open since 2015,
and I hadn't been to the summit since before it opened, so
I tried some Käsespätzele (cheese noodles) with bacon and
onions.
And...there may have been a giant soft pretzel with beer cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment