Thursday, December 27, 2018

Tonkotsu

My parents, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew are visiting for Christmas, and today, being my sister-in-law's birthday, we went out for lunch at Tonkotsu, a ramen bar and that also serves shabu shabu (hot pot).

We started with a number of appetizers, including fried pork.
We also tried some excellent pork gyoza and
harumaki (veggie egg rolls), which I didn't get pictures of. 
We also had some fried chicken (but it was called something
more appetizing than that).

Each hot pot came with a lovely bowl of fresh vegetables, tofu, and udon noodles (at the bottom of the bowl); one then chose one's type of meat (one could choose a few different cuts of beef, pork, vegetables, even salmon) and type of broth.

A good way to get my veggies today.
I chose the beef belly.
Good grub was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment