Saturday, February 16, 2019

The Angry Korean

So, Valentine's Day isn't so much something we celebrate here at home; I'm pretty ambivalent about most holidays, and can skip most as well as not. This semester, since I'm teaching an evening class that coincided with Valentine's Day, my husband and I decided that it was a good an excuse the avoid the whole thing altogether and go out for for dinner tonight (really this was an excuse to visit The Angry Korean, which my husband really wanted to try).

We started with the fried tofu, which was served with scallion
sauce and sesame oil.

We both had the rice bowls - I had the chicken katsu (panko-crusted fried chicken with house katsu sauce and avocado-cilantro aioli), while my husband had the beef bulgogi; both rice bowls included a fried egg, two pieces of mandoo (a meat-filled Korean dumpling), Japchae noodles (stir-fried glass noodles), rice, and a salad; a kimchee sample and a house-made beef and daikon soup on the side.

my chicken katsu rice bowl

It was pretty awesome. Ed cleaned out his bowl and what remained of mine. (There was a lot of food.)

No comments:

Post a Comment